Static Pallet Racking Code Of Practice
SEMA, the Storage Equipment Manufacturers’ Association, have updated their Code of Practice for the Use of Static Pallet Racking
The purpose of this code is to provide information for users of pallet-racks, drive-in and drive-through racks made from cold formed or hot rolled steel structural members, and associated equipment to ensure that the best use of the equipment is achieved and that the recognised elements of safety are maintained. Quality and type of pallets and mechanical equipment used to load and off-load the racking system is also covered.
SEMA is the British Trade Association of the Storage Equipment Industry. An organisation committed to promoting and extending the safe design, installation and use of storage equipment manufactured and supplied by its members.
Their aims are to:
- Consider everything relevant to the Storage Equipment Industry.
- Benefit the industry through the distribution of technical advice and information on trading opportunities.
- Establish and publish technical standards for all types of storage equipment.
- Represent the Storage Equipment Industry in discussions with UK Government departments and Local Authorities. SEMA is a Member of the British Materials Handling Federation (BMHF) and actively influences the Federation Europeene De La Manutention (FEM Section X, the European Handling Industries Federation which seeks to establish common policies, particularly technical, amongst national storage equipment associations.
- Ensure that standards adopted by public and professional bodies are in accordance with the interests of the Industry.
- Encourage co-operation between our individual members.
- Maintain, above all else, the integrity of the Association.
The Full Guides are available to purchase directly from SEMA Here
Please enquire about your potential racking inspection using this contact form and one of our staff members will contact you back as soon as possible